A treasure hunt through the sights of Medieval Verona - fuelled by your guide’s passion for food history, and the legendary “Pastissada,” the traditional horsemeat stew of Verona, in particular.
Perfect for: people of all ages, fans of Verona and her story, of ancient and traditional recipes and local wines, photography lovers.
Don’t forget to take your smartphone and also the GoPro camera for video shots and real-time posts!
Meeting place: Antica Bottiglieria Baraldi, Piazza Corrubbio 30, VERONA - (VENETO)
How we move: on foot
- 9:00 am to 3:00 pm or
- 3:30 pm to 9:30 pm
> Reservations must be made at least 3 days in advance.
- Up to 30 days before the booked visit, 60% refund
- From 29 to 20 days before, 50% refund
- From 19 to 14 days before, 40% refund
- From 13 to 5 days before, 15% refund
- For cancellations less than 5 days before the booked visit and for no-shows, no refund will be granted.
Before You Book
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive two emails. The first email contains your order summary (this one you receive immediately after placing your order), the second email confirms your successful payment (one business day after placing the order). In order to receive these two emails, please make sure that you enter your email address correctly and check that antispam or antivirus filters do not block emails from our [email protected] address. Users of AOL, Comcast and Sbcglobal.net need to pay special attention to this, please. Vouchers will also be available, one business day after the request, at your dashboard.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The time you select on the order form is your preferred time. The closest available time, which can be anytime during opening hours on the selected date, will be automatically confirmed if your preferred time is no longer available.
Verona through food & art: the legendary ‘Pastissada’ stew | Weekend in Italy
- Meet your local guide Maya at the Antica Bottiglieria Baraldi. Then, your treasure hunt for “Pastissada” clues begins - along the main streets and monuments of Verona
- Guided visit of the outside of the Basilica of San Zeno
- Walking, picture-taking, instant-blogging along Lung'Adige Rigaste San Zeno and then in Piazza Bra in front of Arena di Verona
- An exclusive visit of the ancient city walls of Gallienus / Theodoric the Great at the Institute Figlie di Gesu'
- Time for a break at a historic wine shop of Verona with tasting of “Amarone”, a prized sweet wine connected to the “Pastissada” recipe. The sommelier will entertain you with a related story
- The treasure hunt continues with photo taking and instant comments on the blog, in Piazza delle Erbe, Piazza dei Signori, Via Sottoriva (baths of Theodoric), Lung'Adige Ponte Pietra, Church of San Giovanni in Valle
- Culmination of the tour at the Restaurant “Al Ropeton” where the story will be completed and you can taste a “Pastissada”-based meal as well as other local enogastronomic specialties, while the chef explains the steps for preparing the famous dish.
Up to 30 days before the booked visit, 60% refund From 29 to 20 days before, 50% refund From 19 to 14 days before, 40% refund From 13 to 5 days before, 15% refund For cancellations less than 5 days before the booked visit and for no-shows, no refund will be granted.