Your guide SIlvia will take you up the sighting tower of Santa Maria Ligure - from which you’ll “see the pirates” and then “escape” into the hills of the Portofino Park. Led by Silvia, you’ll learn how to recognize wild edible greens. Later, these will be used in a cooking demonstration at an old mill. You’ll enjoy a lunch with the traditional dishes prepared before your eyes, and more local foods. Your day-long adventure culminates on the beach, where you’ll celebrate “per grazia ricevuta” (“Grace received”) at the little church of Saint George.
Meeting Place: at the base of the sighting tower of Santa Margherita Ligure, GENOA - (LIGURIA)
How we move: public bus (Santa Margherita - Nozarego) and on foot along the paths of the Park to Portofino
Time: 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
Duration: 5h 30m
Languages: Italian, English, or German
- Artès operator who will be the animator during the entire day
- visit to the port tower
- bus ride up to Nozarego
- stroll in the Park of Portofino
- cooking demonstration and traditional lunch at the Locanda del Gassetta
Not included: anything that is not specifically mentioned under “price includes”
> Underaged participants must be accompanied by at least one adult.
> Wear outfit for trekking: walking shoes, water bottle, a water-proof jacket to protect you in case of rain.
> Reservations must be made at least 3 days in advance.
- Up to 30 days before the booked visit, 60% refund
- From 29 to 20 days before, 50% refund
- From 19 to 14 days before, 40% refund
- From 13 to 5 days before, 15% refund
- For cancellations less than 5 days before the booked visit and for no-shows, no refund will be granted.
Before You Book
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive two emails. The first email contains your order summary (this one you receive immediately after placing your order), the second email confirms your successful payment (one business day after placing the order). In order to receive these two emails, please make sure that you enter your email address correctly and check that antispam or antivirus filters do not block emails from our [email protected] address. Users of AOL, Comcast and Sbcglobal.net need to pay special attention to this, please. Vouchers will also be available, one business day after the request, at your dashboard.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The time you select on the order form is your preferred time. The museum or attraction will automatically confirm the closest available time, which can be anytime during opening hours on the selected date, if your preferred time is no longer available.
'Escaping the Pirates at Portofino' VIP Adventure on the Ligurian Coast | Weekend in Italy
Alarm! Alarm! From the Tower of Vedetta of St. Margherita Ligure, your fearless guide Silvia has just caught sight of the Corsican pirates! The bell tolls. Quickly! We must escape to the hills. Don’t be afraid, we’ll find refuge in the woods and will survive by discovering the resources that nature has provided for us!
A day-long adventure into 13th century events, when Corsican pirates used to ravage the richest part of Liguria, forcing fishermen to escape into the hills. Walk in their footsteps, learning about the consequences of such an escape which forced them to become farmers and mountaineers.
You’ll hike along the paths of Portofino Park, learning to recognize and cook with foraged greens, ready to prepare the famous Genovese pesto according to the traditional recipe handed down to the innkeeper’s wife of the Antica Locanda of Mulino del Gassetta.
After lunch, your intrepid guide Silvia will take you to the exclusive beaches along the coast leading to Portofino, where a joyful celebration of the “Grazia Ricevuta” (for grace received), at the ancient Church of Saint George, concludes this special day immersed in nature.
- Your guide Silvia takes you up the Port Tower of Santa Margherita Ligure to spot the Corsican Pirates
- Follow SIlvia, and take the public bus up to Nozarego
- An easy hike in the Park of Portofino Mountain to forage for edible greens, immersed in unspoiled nature and breath-taking panoramic views
- Visit to the Mulino del Gassetta (Mill of Gassetta)
- Cooking demonstration: how to prepare a traditional meal with local herbs as the main ingredients
- Lunch with the dishes prepared during the cooking demonstration as well as other local products
- Walk down to the secret beaches of Portofino
- Joyful celebration “Per Grazia Ricevuta” (For Received Grace) at the Saint George Church
Cancellation possible up to 30 days prior to the start of the tour. No refund is possible for cancellations made less than 7 days before the booked tour and for no-shows.