The Bargello palace was built in 1255 by the people of Florence as a symbol of their victory over the nobility, and was the site for the people's government and jurisdiction. The former fortress and arsenal now holds a superb collection of sculpture, one of the most important in all of Italy. Discover works from influential Tuscan sculptors of the 14th to the 16th century, and especially brilliant works by Cellini, della Robbia, Giambologna, Donatello, and Michelangelo.
- Entry to the Bargello Museum is available every 15 minutes
- Reservations must be made with a minimum of 1-day notice.
- Reservations are limited to 30 persons maximum.
- 8:15am to 1:50pm.
- Closed on the first, third, and fifth Monday of the month, and on the second and fourth Sunday of the month.
Extraordinary late afternoon openings on Thursdays from 5pm to 8pm:
- May 12 to June 30
- August 1 to October 1
IMPORTANT NOTE: The time you select on the order form is your preferred time. The museum or attraction will automatically confirm the closest available time, which can be anytime during opening hours on the selected date, if your preferred time is no longer available.
Once a confirmation code has been assigned to your reservation, we can refund the cost of unused tickets, also for no shows, minus a service fee (reservation fee and online booking fee).
Save time ordering: Add all the service tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Bargello Museum Audio Guides Rental Service:
Make the most of your visit to the Bargello Museum – book your Bargello Museum audio guide, after choosing the date, time and number of tickets for your visit to the Bargello Museum! Make sure you don't miss important works of art, and supplement what you know with the audio guide's insightful commentary.
- Audio guides are available in English and Italian.
- The audio guided visit has a complete duration of 1 hour and 40 minutes and includes a selection of the most important works of art in the Museum. To learn more about the works of art on view, choose the desired room and listen to the explanation of selected works in that room.
- You will receive a confirmation voucher (valid only for the audio guide) together with the confirmation voucher for your visit to the museum. In order to pick up the audio guide, please deposit this voucher at the Audio Guides Desk – at the bookshop close to the ticket counter – along with a valid identity document (passports, identity cards or driver's license – only originals are accepted).
- In case of loss or failure to return the audio guide, visitors will be requested to pay the cost (€ 250.00 per each audio guide).