Experience Michelangelo's final gift to Florence: the Medici Chapels with the masterfully sculpted allegories of Night, Day, Dawn, and Dusk decorating the tombs of the princes. The Medici Chapels were built as a personal sepulcher of the Medici family right in the basilica of San Lorenzo, which the Medici considered their private church.
Reservations must be made with a minimum of 1-day notice.
Entry to the Medici Chapels is available every 15 minutes.
Reservations are limited to 30 persons maximum.
Save time ordering! Add all the museum tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
Please read the Ordering Information page before placing your reservations.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
IMPORTANT NOTE: The time you select on the order form is your preferred time. The museum will automatically confirm the closest available time, which can be any time during opening hours on the selected date, if your preferred time is no longer available.
- From January 2 to April 11 and from November 2 to December 31: 8:15 to 13:50.
- From April 12 to November 1: 8:15 to 17:00.
Closed on the first, third and fifth Monday of the month, and on the second and fourth Sunday of the month.
Cancellation of confirmed visit: if you cancel a confirmed visit, the cost of unused ticket(s) will be refunded minus the service fee.
No shows: cost of unused ticket(s) will be refunded minus the service fee, upon request.
Medici Chapels Audio Guides Rental Service:
Make the most of your visit to the Medici Chapels – book your Medici Chapels audio guide, after choosing the date, time and number of tickets for your visit to the Medici Chapels! Make sure you don't miss important aspects of the Medici's family church and sepulcher, and supplement what you know with the audio guide's insightful commentary.
- Audio guides are available in Italian, English, French, German, and Spanish.
- The audio guided visit has a complete duration of 45 minutes and includes a selection of the most important works of art in the Medici Chapels. To learn more about the works of art on view, choose the desired room and listen to the explanation of selected works in that room.
- You will receive a confirmation voucher (valid only for the audio guide) together with the confirmation voucher for your visit to the Medici Chapels. In order to pick up the audio guide, please deposit this voucher at the Audio Guides Desk – at the bookshop just after the ticket counter – along with a valid identity document (passports, identity cards or driver's license – only originals are accepted).
- In case of loss or failure to return the audio guide, visitors will be requested to pay the cost (€ 250.00 per each audio guide).