Follow your guide, Silvia - she’ll lead you into “safety,” away from the coast and into the hills near Portofino. This day-long adventure on the Ligurian coast (inspired by historic events from the 13th century) includes easy hiking, foraging, a cooking demonstration and traditional lunch, and ends on the pristine beaches where you’ll celebrate “salvation” from the pirates.
This tour is perfect for independent travelers and families with children looking for an alternative to a day on the beach.
Meeting Place: at the base of the sighting tower of Santa Margherita Ligure, GENOA - (LIGURIA)
How we move: public bus (Santa Margherita - Nozarego) and on foot along the paths of the Park to Portofino
Time: 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
Duration: 5h 30m
Languages: Italian, English, or German
- Artès operator who will be the animator during the entire day
- visit to the port tower
- bus ride up to Nozarego
- stroll in the Park of Portofino
- cooking demonstration and traditional lunch at the Locanda del Gassetta
Not included: anything that is not specifically mentioned under “price includes”
> Underaged participants must be accompanied by at least one adult.
> Wear outfit for trekking: walking shoes, water bottle, a water-proof jacket to protect you in case of rain.
> Reservations must be made at least 3 days in advance.
- Up to 30 days before the booked visit, 60% refund
- From 29 to 20 days before, 50% refund
- From 19 to 14 days before, 40% refund
- From 13 to 5 days before, 15% refund
- For cancellations less than 5 days before the booked visit and for no-shows, no refund will be granted.
Save time ordering: Add all the service tickets you want to your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Alarm! Alarm! From the Tower of Vedetta of St. Margherita Ligure, your fearless guide Silvia has just caught sight of the Corsican pirates! The bell tolls. Quickly! We must escape to the hills. Don’t be afraid, we’ll find refuge in the woods and will survive by discovering the resources that nature has provided for us!
A day-long adventure into 13th century events, when Corsican pirates used to ravage the richest part of Liguria, forcing fishermen to escape into the hills. Walk in their footsteps, learning about the consequences of such an escape which forced them to become farmers and mountaineers.
You’ll hike along the paths of Portofino Park, learning to recognize and cook with foraged greens, ready to prepare the famous Genovese pesto according to the traditional recipe handed down to the innkeeper’s wife of the Antica Locanda of Mulino del Gassetta.
After lunch, your intrepid guide Silvia will take you to the exclusive beaches along the coast leading to Portofino, where a joyful celebration of the “Grazia Ricevuta” (for grace received), at the ancient Church of Saint George, concludes this special day immersed in nature.
- Your guide Silvia takes you up the Port Tower of Santa Margherita Ligure to spot the Corsican Pirates
- Follow SIlvia, and take the public bus up to Nozarego
- An easy hike in the Park of Portofino Mountain to forage for edible greens, immersed in unspoiled nature and breath-taking panoramic views
- Visit to the Mulino del Gassetta (Mill of Gassetta)
- Cooking demonstration: how to prepare a traditional meal with local herbs as the main ingredients
- Lunch with the dishes prepared during the cooking demonstration as well as other local products
- Walk down to the secret beaches of Portofino
- Joyful celebration “Per Grazia Ricevuta” (For Received Grace) at the Saint George Church
Price per person, minimum group size 12 persons:
Please note: Service can be scheduled for less than 12 persons; however, the final price will still be calculated on the basis of 12 participants at the price of € 89.00/person.