Specially designed for children to enjoy with their parents and other family members, Vatican Museums introduce a brand new educational initiative – the Family Tour.
MP3 audio-guide and color-illustrated map in hand, children from 5 to 12 years of age will go on an adventurous hunt for the artistic treasures of the Vatican Museums by following clues on an accompanying map.
- An experience for the entire family: it's all about learning... while having fun!
- Available only for children between 5 and 12 years of age.
- Languages: English, Italian, Spanish, and French.
- The tour is available during the opening hours of the Vatican Museums.
- The Family Tour Kit must be picked up at the Antenna International Desk situated in the "Court of the Corazze", at the top of the escalator.
- The admission ticket to the Vatican Museums is valid for visiting the Vatican Museums and the Sistine Chapel only on the date indicated on the voucher.
The Vatican Museums require the names and birth dates of all participants in your group. Once you have added the reservation to your shopping cart, please enter the names and birth dates in the provided field on the order form.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY:
- Please Note: Tickets will be confirmed subject to availability and confirmation by the Vatican no sooner than 2 months before your intended visit. We will confirm your visit as soon as the Vatican does.
- Credit card charge is made on the business day after the reservation request.
- The reservation allows you to enter the Vatican Museums without queuing up at the time and date confirmed on the voucher.
- Late arrivals will not be admitted. We strongly suggest that you to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the time indicated on the confirmation voucher.
- Your admission time may be delayed due to the large number or visitors entering the museums every day. Weekend a Firenze is not responsible for possible delays caused by the Vatican Museums.
- After the payment is confirmed, you will receive an email with the confirmation of the booking, the voucher containing the reservation code, and the tour information. Please print out the voucher for presentation on the day of the tour.
- The reservation will be checked by means of the barcode on the voucher. To access the museums, you will be required to present the voucher together with a valid identification document.
- In case of loss of the voucher please consult the Customer Care Staff.
- Rooms closed at the time of the visit will be indicated at the entrance.
- Access to the Vatican Museums is permitted only to visitors with proper attire (no shorts, mini skirts, etc.).
- All the reservations, dates, and times may be changed or cancelled by the Vatican Museums due to unforeseen circumstances related to activities of the Pope.
- Reservations can be made up until 4 days before the visit.
PLEASE NOTE: Confirmed time is not always the same as the time you requested; museum automatically confirms the closest available time on the same date if requested time is sold out. Tickets will be confirmed according to availability of museum. Please note that time confirmed can be ANY TIME during opening hours.
Cancellation Policy: Tickets CANNOT be canceled and are NOT refundable.
If you need to modify your voucher, you must present yourself at the "Reception Desk" in order to request a new voucher. Reservation changes can be made, only once, up to one hour before the intended visit. It is not possible to make modifications to the number of participants taking part to the visit.
From Monday to Saturday, the Ticket Office is open from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. The Museums close at 6:00 pm.
Entrance times will be indicated at the time of the reservation.
The Vatican Museums are CLOSED on the following days:
- Sundays (except for the last Sunday of each month, excluding Easter, June 29 and December 25 and 26)
- January 1 and 6 (Epiphany)
- February 11 (Lateran Pacts Anniversary)
- March 19 (St. Joseph), Easter and Easter Monday
- May 1 (Ascension Thursday) and May 22 (Corpus Christi Day)
- August 14 (Assumption Vigil) and 15 (Assumption Day)
- November 1 (All Saint's Day)
- December 8 (Feast of the Immaculate Conception), 25 (Christmas Day) and 26 (St. Stephen's Day)
DEPOSITS AT THE CLOAKROOM
- The cloakroom staff will accept visitors’ bags and personal belongings (irrespective of the form, material, or dimension of the object), with the exception of items such as hats or small umbrellas.
- It is obligatory to deposit suitcases, backpacks, and containers with dimensions larger than cm 40 cm x 35 cm x 15 cm in the cloakroom.
- It is obligatory to deposit bags and backpacks which are cumbersome, except those small-sized that are carried on the shoulders and don't jut out over 15 cm.
- It is obligatory to deposit any umbrella with a spike tip, umbrellas of medium and large size, walking sticks (except those required by disabled visitors to facilitate their movement), tripods for cameras and video cameras, signage of any kind (except signs used by official guides for their identification).
- It is obligatory to deposit in the cloakroom knives, scissors, any tools that could be harmful to other persons or damage works of art in the Museums.
- It is not possible to deposit firearms of any kind or other dangerous objects in the cloakroom. It is strictly forbidden to enter the Museums with any kind of weapon.
- Access to the Museums by armed visitors is not permitted. No exception to this rule is made for visitors holding a firearm permit, or if the weapon forms part of a uniform (police, military, or others).
Save time ordering: Add all tickets for museums and other services you want to your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
This MP3 audio-guided tour takes children and their families on a special journey through the Art Gallery, the Egyptian Museum, the Gallery of Maps, the Museum of Popes Clement and Pius, and the Sistine Chapel.
An amiable museum guard named Gregorio accompanies the young visitors, and engages them with the museums’ masterpieces, helping them to actively find the next artwork on the tour through a series of clues and by using the map. The children are encouraged to use their creativity and imagination to uncover mysteries and solve riddles, creating an original and unforgettable experience. Gregorio also introduces the young visitors to some special characters along the way, such as the angel of Melozzo da Forli, an inhabitant of Ancient Egypt, a cat, the God Mercury, and then finally Michelangelo in the Sistine Chapel.
Through an engaging and playful mix of lively commentary and dialogue between the characters, together with thematic soundscapes, this tour is a captivating way to introduce the children to this rich museum complex. An integral part of the learning experience, the map will be given as a souvenir with which the young visitors can continue the family fun at home.
Ticket price includes 1 reduced price entrance ticket and 1 Family Tour Kit (MP3 audio-guide and special map).
Ticket valid only for children from 5 to 12 years of age.