Don’t miss this extraordinary opportunity to visit Italy's most popular attraction after sunset:
the Vatican Museums are even more beautiful under the stars!
Spend a memorable evening and see some of the greatest artistic and religious treasures assembled here - including Michelangelo's unparalleled Sistine Chapel.
Every Friday from 7:00pm to 11:00pm (last entrance at 9:30pm)
- 2016: from May 8 to July 31, and from September 4 to October 30
- 2017: from April 27 to October 27
The Friday night “Vatican Museums under the Stars” visits are NOT available during the second half of July and the month of August.
Admire important collections, following an itinerary that includes the Gregorian Egyptian Museum, the Pio-Clementine Museum, the Upper Galleries (Candelabra, Tapestries and Maps), the Raphael Rooms, the Borgia Apartment, the Collection of Modern Religious Art, and the Sistine Chapel.
Booking online is mandatory.
Exit from the galleries begins 30 minutes prior to closing time.
Maximum 10 people per group, tickets are NOT refundable.
The Vatican Museums require the names and birth dates of all participants in your group. Once you have added the reservation to your shopping cart, please enter the names and birth dates in the provided field on the order form.
Save time ordering! Add all the museum tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY:
- Please Note: Tickets will be confirmed subject to availability and confirmation by the Vatican no sooner than 2 months before your intended visit. We will confirm your visit as soon as the Vatican does.
- Reservations can be made up until 4 days before the visit.
- Credit card charge is made on the business day after the reservation request.
- The reservation allows you to enter the Vatican Museums without standing in line at the time and date confirmed on the voucher.
- Late arrivals will not be admitted. We strongly suggest that you to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the time indicated on the confirmation voucher.
- Your admission time may be delayed due to the large number or visitors entering the museums every day. Weekend a Firenzeis not responsible for possible delays caused by the Vatican Museums.
- After the payment is confirmed, you will receive an e-mail with the confirmation of the booking, the voucher containing the reservation code, and the tour information. Please print out the voucher for presentation on the day of the tour.
- The reservation will be checked by means of the bar code on the voucher. To access the museums, you will be required to present the voucher together with a valid identification document.
- In case of loss of the voucher please consult the Customer Care Staff.
- Rooms closed at the time of the visit will be indicated at the entrance.
- Access to the Vatican Museums is permitted only to visitors with proper attire.
The time you select on the order form is your preferred time. The museum will automatically confirm the closest available time, which can be any time during evening opening hours on the selected date, if your preferred time is no longer available.
All the reservations, dates, and times may be changed or cancelled by the Vatican Museums due to unforeseen circumstances related to activities of the Pope.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Tickets CANNOT be cancelled and are NOT refundable.
If you need to modify your voucher, you must present yourself at the Vatican Museum’s "Reception Desk" in order to request a new voucher. Reservation changes can be made, once only, up to one hour before the intended visit. It is not possible to make modifications to the number of participants taking part in the visit.
“Vatican Museums under the Stars”
The Friday night “Vatican Museums under the Stars” visits are NOT available during the month of August.
The Vatican Museums are closed on the following days:
Sundays (except for the last Sunday of each month, excluding Easter, June 29 and December 25 and 26)
January 1 and 6 (Epiphany)
February 11 (Lateran Pacts Anniversary)
March 19 (St. Joseph), 23 and 24 (Easter, Easter Monday)
May 1 (Ascension Thursday) and May 22 (Corpus Christi Day)
August 14 (Assumption Vigil) and 15 (Assumption Day)
November 1 (All Saint's Day)
December 8 (Feast of the Immaculate Conception), 25 (Christmas Day) and 26 (St. Stephen's Day)