Participate in a truly unique way to experience Rome and its history - with a tour/workshop that will turn you into an archaeologist for a day.
The centuries of history can be hard to discern in Rome - there is so much history, at every corner. Your guide (and archaeologist and university professor) will lead you in an exciting process of scientific discovery.
Meeting place: Bar Amore, Via Florida 17, Rome
How we move: on foot
Times: 9.00 am to 4:30 pm
Duration: 7.5 hours
Languages: Italian, English, or German
> adequate and comfortable outdoor clothing and comfortable shoes recommended
> children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Artès animator who is also an archaeologist and a university professor
- coffee and beverage at the meeting point
- use of necessary materials for the correct execution of the activities of the archaeological survey
- research assistance by professional archaeologists
- lunch at a restaurant
- use of technological instruments
- access to spaces dedicated to the activity
- surprise event prepared by professionals to share the findings of the day
- “Conceptual Restorer” certificate of participation
- Anything not specifically mentioned under “Price includes”
A photo dossier and video of the workshop can be requested on site.
Reservations must be made at least 3 days in advance.
Before You Book
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive two emails. The first email contains your order summary (this one you receive immediately after placing your order), the second email confirms your successful payment (one business day after placing the order). In order to receive these two emails, please make sure that you enter your email address correctly and check that antispam or antivirus filters do not block emails from our [email protected] address. Users of AOL, Comcast and Sbcglobal.net need to pay special attention to this, please. Vouchers will also be available, one business day after the request, at your dashboard.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The time you select on the order form is your preferred time. The closest available time, which can be anytime during opening hours on the selected date, will be automatically confirmed if your preferred time is no longer available.
Archaeologist for a Day: Invisible Rome VIP Tour | Weekend in Italy
Your workshop and tour leader Francesca will help you immerse yourself in the hidden reality of the artistic and architectural culture of Rome. Under her guidance, you’ll experience the scientific method of data collection used by archaeologists, in particular by so-called “conceptual restorers”. Like a detective, you’ll rediscover what has become invisible, reconstructing the millennial history and “giving voice” to the monument, bringing it back to life.
- Meeting with Francesca in Piazza Margana in Rome, stroll to the Bar Amore
- Inspection of the area to study
- Introduction to the revealed “invisible” monument
- Scientific experimentation of data collecting (archaeological scheme) with reference to the “invisible” monument
- Collection of literary and bibliographic sources and the compilation of a research dossier (Sala Margana - Piazza Margana)
- Elaboration of a personal thought to give voice to the monument, anecdotes about the monument
- Participation in a public event to share the discoveries made during the day
Up to 30 days before the booked visit, 60% refund From 29 to 20 days before, 50% refund From 19 to 14 days before, 40% refund From 13 to 5 days before, 15% refund For cancellations less than 5 days before the booked visit and for no-shows, no refund will be granted.