The first guided tour that allows access to areas of the Museums usually closed to the public. The extraordinary opening of the Bramante Staircase and Chapel of Nicholas V will further enrich an already precious and unique itinerary which unfolds through the Pio Clementino Museum, the Gallery of the Candelabra, the Room of Maps and Tapestries, and the Raphael Rooms, culminating in the Sistine Chapel.
Program of the visit:
- Extraordinary opening of Bramante Staircase and Chapel of Nicholas V (Areas closed to the public)
- Visit to the Pio Clementino Museum
- Visit to the Gallery of the Candelabras
- Visit to the Gallery of the Geographical Maps
- Visit to the Gallery of the Tapestries (Renaissance art)
- Visit to the Raphael Rooms
- Visit to the Sistine Chapel
Guided tour in groups of maximum 20 perticipants.
Available from Monday to Saturday at 11:30am and 2pm.
Languages: English, French, German, Spanish and Italian.
Sundays (except for the last Sunday of each month, excluding Easter, June 29th and December 25th and 26th)
January 1st and 6th (Epiphany)
February 11th (Lateran Pacts Anniversary)
March 19th (St. Joseph), 23rd and 24th (Easter - Easter Monday)
May 1st (Ascension Thursday) and May 22nd (Corpus Christi Day)
August 14 (Assumption Vigil) and 15th (Assumption Day)
November 1st (All Saint's Day)
December 8th (Feast of the Immaculate Conception), 25th (Christmas Day) and 26th (St. Stephen's Day).
Attention: route and access to the private area are subject to changes or cancellations related to unplanned activities or events of the Holy See or the Vatican City State.
Visit is currently not accessible to wheelchair users or walking problems. Comfortable shoes recommended.
The Vatican Museums require the names and birth dates of all participants in your group. Once you have added the reservation to your shopping cart, please enter the names and birth dates in the provided field on the order form.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY:
- Reservation guarantees a place on the waiting list as the museum confirms the visit approximately two months before the requested date.
- Credit card charge is made on the business day after the reservation request.
- The reservation allows you to enter the Vatican Museums without queuing up at the time and date confirmed on the voucher.
- Late arrivals will not be admitted. We strongly suggest that you to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the time indicated on the confirmation voucher.
- Your admission time may be delayed due to the large number or visitors entering the museums every day. Weekend a Firenze is not responsible for possible delays caused by the Vatican Museums.
- After the payment is confirmed, you will receive an e-mail with the confirmation of the booking, the voucher containing the reservation code, and the tour information. Please print out the voucher for presentation on the day of the tour.
- The reservation will be checked by means of the bar code on the voucher. To access the museums, you will be required to present the voucher together with a valid identification document.
- In case of loss of the voucher please consult the Customer Care Staff.
- Rooms closed at the time of the visit will be indicated at the entrance.
- Access to the Vatican Museums is permitted only to visitors with proper attire.
- All the reservations, dates, and times may be changed or cancelled by the Vatican Museums due to unforeseen circumstances related to activities of the Pope.
- Reservations can be made up until 4 days before the visit.
Save time ordering! Add all the museum tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The time you select on the order form is your preferred time. The museum will automatically confirm the closest available time, which can be any time during opening hours on the selected date, if your preferred time is no longer available.
Please read the Ordering Information page before placing your reservations.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
Tickets CANNOT be cancelled and are NOT refundable.
Deposits at the Cloakroam
- The cloakroom staff will accept from the visitors their bags and personal belongings (irrispective of the form, material or dimension of th object), with the exception of clothing items, hats, portable umbrellas.
- It is obligatory to deposit in the cloakroom suitcases, backpacks and containers with dimensions larger than cm 40 x 35 x 15.
- It is obligatory to deposit in the cloakroom bags and bagpacks which are cumbersome, except those small-sized, that carried on shoulder, don't jut out by 15 cm from the body's shape in its highest point.
- It is obligatory to deposit in the cloakroom any umbrella with a spike tip, umbrellas of medium and large size, walking sticks (except those required by disabled visitors to facilitate their movement), tripods for cameras and video cameras, signage of any kind (except signs used by official guides for their identification).
- It is obligatory to deposit in the cloakroom knives, scissors, any tools thai could be harmful to other persons ora damage works of art in the Museums.
- It is not possible to deposit in the cloakroom, fiirearms of any kind or other dangerous objects. It is strictly forbidden to enter the Museums with any kind of weapon.
- Access to the Museums by armed visitors is not permitted. Non exception to this rule is made for visitors holding a firearm permit, or if the weapon forms part of a uniform (police, military or others).
Before You Book
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive two emails. The first email contains your order summary (this one you receive immediately after placing your order), the second email confirms your successful payment (one business day after placing the order). In order to receive these two emails, please make sure that you enter your email address correctly and check that antispam or antivirus filters do not block emails from our [email protected] address. Users of AOL, Comcast and Sbcglobal.net need to pay special attention to this, please. Vouchers will also be available, one business day after the request, at your dashboard.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The time you select on the order form is your preferred time. The museum or attraction will automatically confirm the closest available time, which can be anytime during opening hours on the selected date, if your preferred time is no longer available.
Private Guided Visit including Bramante's Staircase and Niccoline Chapel at the Vatican Palace
The Bramante staircase, created in 1509 by Donato Bramante, was built as a double-helix ramp, allowing the simultaneous ascent and descent of people, animals, and even carriages. The Niccoline Chapel (named after its patron Pope Nicolas V) contains a stunning series of frescoes by Fra Angelico depicting scenes from the lives of two of the earliest Christian martyrs, Saint Stephen and Saint Laurence. The ceiling is painted blue and decorated with stars to represent the heavenly vault, and features figures of the four Evangelists in the corners. The pilasters are decorated with the eight Doctors of the Church. Access to these two sites further enriches the already unique itinerary through the Vatican Museums, an itinerary that takes your through the Pio Clementino Museum, the Gallery of the Candelabra, the Room of Maps and Tapestries, and the Raphael Rooms. The guided tour culminates with a visit to the Sistine Chapel.
Program of the visit:
- Extraordinary opening of the Bramante Staircase as well as the Chapel of Nicholas V (areas normally closed to the public)
- Visit of the Pio Clementino Museum
- Visit of the Gallery of the Candelabras
- Visit of the Gallery of the Geographical Maps, and the Gallery of the Tapestries (Renaissance art)
- Visit of the Raphael Rooms
- Visit of the Sistine Chapel
Once the visit is confirmed, you can not cancel or modify.