- Throughout the tour, you will be guided by an expert in History or Art history, Archeology or Architecture, who will help you to discover our Rome.
- You can choose the language you prefer...we have 5 different languages available!
- Tour departs from Palazzo Massimo.
- It is a 2 hours long tour with a private guide inside the Borghese Museum and gallery (one extra hour might be added without extra cost to visit the park if weather conditions allow it).
- Tour is available from Tuesday to Sunday from 09:00 to 17:00, each hour
- Tour must be reserved with 2 weeks in advance
Cloister of Santa Maria degli Angeli
In the cloister of Santa Maria degli Angeli – built by Michelangelo – there are about 400 sculptures displaying the entire range of artistic styles found in ancient Rome. The galleries of the cloister are dedicated to an exhibition about prehistoric populations and the development of their cultures in the Lazio region from the late bronze age and iron age (12th to 7th centuries BC), with particular reference to Rome. The epigraphical section was formed in the first half of the 19th century and has been completely restored. This exhibition displays the birth and diffusion of the Latin language through various written documents, as well as a group of texts relating the development of Roman society throughout the period.
Interesting tidbit—the name "Termini", given to Rome\'s central railway station is a reminder of the proximity of Diocletian\'s Baths (“terme”), once the biggest bathing complex in the ancient world.