Your guide will then lead you into the Vatican Museums taking the beautiful Spiral staircase and continuing through the Gallery of the Tapestries and the Gallery of the Geographical Maps before arriving in the famous Sistine Chapel with its magnificent fresco of the Last Judgement by Michelangelo. At the end of the visit, free time to visit Saint Peter's Basilica.
- Throughout the tour, you will be guided by a multilanguage expert who will help you to discover Rome.
- Pick up at the hotel (if in city center)
- It is a 4 hours long tour with guide.
- Tour is available as follows (not available on Sundays and holidays):
- from April to October: everyday at 8:00am and 2:30pm
- from November to March:
- Mondays, Saturdays, December 24 and 31: 8:00am
- from Tuesday to Friday 8:00am and 2:30pm
- Entrance to churches requires appropriate attire (no shorts, miniskirts or uncovered shoulders). It is also advisable to wear comfortable shoes for visits.
- Tour must be reserved with 1 working day advance
- Languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian
Attention: there is no return to the hotels, bus will make the following stops: Via Veneto - Piazza Barberini - Piazza Venezia - Piazza della Repubblica - Stazione Termini and Terminal GLT.
Cancellation policy: No penalty for cancellations up to one business day prior to departure. No refund for further cancellations and no show.
The Vatican Museums are the largest, richest, most compelling and perhaps most comprehensive museum complex in the world. Many treasures of the city's history are here, from both classical and later times, and many of the Renaissance's finest artists were in the employ of the Pope.
The Vatican Palace holds a collection of over 20 museums on very diverse subjects: displays of classical statuary, Renaissance painting, Etruscan relics, Egyptian artifacts, not to mention the furnishings and decoration of the palace itself. On your Vatican Museums Tour, an expert guide will take you to visit some of the absolute highlights.
On your way to the Vatican City, you'll pass some of the most famous sights of the city, starting with the Piazza della Repubblica with its Naiad Fountain, and the beautiful Piazza Barberini with Bernini's lovely Baroque Tritone Fountain. Continuing along the famous Via Veneto, your bus will reach and then follow the ancient Aurelian Walls passing by the impressive Villa Borghese park to the Piazza del Popolo, the northern entrance into ancient Rome with its Egyptian obelisk dating back to the time of Ramses II.
Finally, on arrival at the Vatican Walls, your guide will lead you into the Vatican Museums. You'll take the beautiful and famous spiral staircase to the Gallery of the Tapestries and the Gallery of the Geographical Maps before arriving in the Sistine Chapel with its magnificent frescoes of the Book of Genesis, prophets and sybils, and the Last Judgement, by Michelangelo.
Once a confirmation code has been assigned to the reservation we can refund the cost of unused tickets minus a service fee (reservation fee and online booking fee) up to 1 business day before the visit. No refund is possible for a cancellation less than 24 hours before the visit, and for no-shows.
Full: 66.01, Fare applied whenever no reduction may be applied