Crossing suggestive landscapes, rich of different kinds of vegetation, we will reach the height of 2.000 meters to explore the highest active volcano in Europe: Mount Etna. Surrounded by ancient craters, you will admire a suggestive panorama of the Ionic Coast. We will visit the “Silvestri Craters” and the recent lava flows of 2001/2002. We will then proceed to Taormina, the Pearl of the Ionic Sea, where, besides visiting the Greek Theatre, the Duomo and the Belvedere, you will have the chance to go shopping among the typical small streets of this nice town.
Tour Price includes:
- pick-up and drop-off from Catania, private car and driver, fuel, highway tolls (if needed).
> Lunch for driver is not included and must be paid at the moment of the visit.
Tour Price does not include:
- entrance fees to museums and monuments
- local guide
- lunch (unless specifically indicated)
- tips and extras in general
- anything not specified under “Tour Price includes
Full day experience.
All services are for the exclusive use of the clients, made â??â??by car.
Comfortable shoes are advised and appropriate dressing is needed to enter churches.
The program may be modified.
ATTENTION: Availability subject to reconfirmation at the moment of the order.
- Cancellations up to 15 business days before departure: 30% penalty
- Cancellations from 14 to 3 days before departure: 60% penalty
- Further cancellations and no shows are not refundable
Save time ordering: Add all the service tickets you want into your basket, then fill in the form and send your request.
PLEASE NOTE: Immediately after submitting an order, you will receive an email with your order summary plus a second email confirming your successful payment. A confirmation email with links to the vouchers will be sent one business day after you place your order (Monday afternoon for orders submitted on Friday and during the weekend). Please make sure that your anti-spam filter does not block automatic emails from [email protected]
The Etna Volcano & Taormina Day Tour
Discover the marvels of Sicily – the gastronomy, nature, artistic and cultural beauty.
Your day tour takes you to two of the main Sicilian attractions – the Etna volcano, and the hilltop city of Taormina.
Your day will begin with the drive to the Etna, the highest active volcano in Europe. You'll reach a height of 2,000 meters (over 6,500') where you'll get a close look at the forbidding, black landscape of the Crateri Silvestri - extinct volcanic cones, surrounded by lava flows, with the most recent one from 2001/02. From there, you can admire a splendid panorama of the Gulf of Catania. What to do for lunch (not included in the tour price) will be decided according to the wishes of the group.
In the afternoon, you'll visit Taormina, perched high above the Ionian Sea. Taormina is famous for the breathtaking views of the sea and Mount Etna, framed by abundant climbing vines and cypresses. The fascinating Greek-Roman theater, the ancient Cathedral and Palazzo Corvaja are some of the must-see historic sites. Enjoy the end of the day with a stroll through Taormina's little streets with countless shops offering Sicilian products for every taste.
Return to Catania.
- For cancellations more than 14 days before date of the requested service: 100% refund
- For cancellations from 13 to 72 hours before the date and time of the requested service: 80% refund
- For cancellations less than 72 hours and no show: No refund possible.
- If you are a passenger on a cruise ship that due to rough sea conditions does not arrive in port or lands very late, there will be a 100% refund.