- Throughout the tour, you will be guided by an expert in History or Art history, Archeology or Architecture, who will help you to discover our Rome.
- You can choose the language you prefer...we have 5 different languages available!
- Tour departs from Villa Adriana.
- It is a 2 hours long tour with a private guide inside the Borghese Museum and gallery (one extra hour might be added without extra cost to visit the park if weather conditions allow it).
- Tour is available from Tuesday to Sunday from 09:00 to 17:00, each hour
- Tour must be reserved with 2 weeks in advance
In 1550 Cardinal Ippolito d\'Este was appointed Governor of Tivoli. He wasted no time in taking possession of the Governor\'s palace, located in a former Benedictine monastery, which he asked Pirro Ligorio to remodel to his taste.
The Villa d\'Este\'s fame, however, is due more to its gardens than to the building itself. Each alley, path, or avenue reveals a new mossy fountain in a carefully landscaped vista - there are nearly five hundred fountains altogether. This most famous of Italian-style gardens, which has been widely imitated, reverberates with the sound of so many fountains that it inspired the Romantic composer Franz Liszt to write a piano suite called "Fountains of the Villa d\'Este".